If you want to access Mikrotik remotely, you need to make the following changes in the Routerboard Winbox set up:
- Select IP – Firewall, and Filter Rules.
- Click the + to add a new rule.
- Change Chain to input.
- Change Protocol to TCP.
- Change Dst. Port to 8291.
- On the Action tab and make sure Action is set to accept.
- Create a name for this rule in Comment such as “winbox accesss remotely”
- Click OK.
Note: The RouterOS runs through the Filter Rules in order, so you need to drag and drop this new rule above the last “drop” rule for this to work.